Author Spotlight - J.R. Vikse
Interviewer: Staff of Free eBooks Daily
Date: January 27, 2014
Fun & Random Facts About Jason Vikse:
- When I was growing up I... would spend hours in my room playing with Lego. The floor would be covered with coloured blocks, spiralling out from my mumbling form as I sat hunched over my latest creation. First it was the idea, then the building, then the enacting of the story. My family knew that there were to be no interruptions, not until the story was complete!
- I once... was grounded from reading! When I was a kid, I loved reading so much that it was the only punishment I would respond to! When my books got taken away, that was when I knew I was in serious trouble. (It was even worse than hearing my middle name being used!)
- Readers would be surprised to know... I don't only pursue storytelling on the page, but also on the stage. I love to act, and have performed in over fifteen productions in the last few years, mostly in the genre of musical theatre. I also direct, and love to see how people approach character differently in a script compared to in a book.
- The most important thing I learned is... to do what you love. I started to write because I loved to write, not because I took a writing course, or because I felt ready to write something amazing. I believe it's the same with anything. If you love it, there should be no stopping you. Life is too short to do things you hate and miss out on enjoying your passions.
- Everyday I wish... I had more time!
- I have always wanted to... take the train across Canada. It is my dream vacation. The incredible scenery, stopping in various cities for dining and night-life, then back into the carriage for the swaying, pulsing sensations that carry you into sleep...
- I will never forget the feeling of... holding the hard-copy of my first book in my hands. I know that it ain't no baby, but it sure is a special moment, holding something you created, something you took from a seed of an idea all the way to a published work. That's when it's real; that's when it's all worth it.
- The best thing about writing is... the freedom to create whoever you want or wherever you want or whenever you want, and know that somewhere out there is a reader who would be more than pleased to come along for the ride.
- When I am not writing, I like to... act, sing, and dance. Also, I'm a huge movie buff, but mostly I love to read. To me, the acts of reading and writing are one and the same, you can't have one without the other.
- I am working on... a short story collection, which will be coming out early this year, and the next two books in The Keeper Chronicles series, the first of which will be a 2014 release as well.